This system uses constant pressure against a rotating surface to resist knee flexion. The amount of pressure is set by the Prosthetist and should not be altered by the user. External spring(s) may be used to assist the knee to straighten faster than it bends.
- Can be found in both monocentric (single axis) and polycentric (multi axial) knees.
- Can only be adjusted to one walking speed. Other speeds will have compromised gait.
- Requires accurate adjustment by trained practitioner.
- Will require periodic adjustment to remain effective
- Knee becomes less stable as the knee wears (monocentric design).
- Becomes less efficient the more the knee bends.