Kids Get Active Day 2018
Who is the event for?
- Kids age 15 and under living with an amputation who want to participate in sporting activities, network with each other, have fun and be empowered
- Parents and carers of kids living with an amputation as an opportunity to support their kids, identify service barriers and build a support network.
What it all about?
- Kid’s mobility clinic called 'Kids Get Active'. The day is with support of Paralympics NZ, Ossur, Otto bock, Parafed and Amputee Federation NZ. The aim is to provide a fun activity day with access to sporting equipment that will give kids the opportunity to try new things and gain confidence. There will also be a breakout group for parents with Melissa Noonan to discuss barriers they are experiencing and how to connect as a group to improve the service for young amputees.
Where and when is it being held?
- Monday 23 April 2018 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm at the main function room and running track at Newtown Park, 317 Mansfield St, Newtown, Wellington.
When do I need to be in Wellington?
- Participants will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation, and some may choose to come down the day before.
Do I need to pay for the event?
- This event will be provided free of charge for each kid and their parent or caregiver. NZALS will provide morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
How to register:
- Registration is on the Eventbrite website parents/caregivers can get their free tickets through there or click the link on the flyer here.
Where do I go for more information?
- Contact the New Zealand Artificial Limb Service National Office or Wellington Centre